Are you currently a stay at home mom? Well, you’re already in the right place! But joking aside… that’s basically what I am! In my article on my pet project mommy blog, I talked about my schedule in this short post. But you’re here because you want to know: Can you work from home as a virtual assistant. The simple answer is yes. YES! Yes, you can!
Do you have to work from home to be a virtual assistant?No, you can work from a coffee shop (if we were sitting in coffee shops these days, thanks COVID). I used to go to our local library to get some focused time. It might depend on your reason for wanting to be a virtual assistant. I started out wanting to be a VA because I wanted to be home with my kids. So why would I leave the house to be a VA if I wanted to be at home? Simple: I AM home with my kids. Sometimes, when my husband gets home from work, I need to put in some time, so I go somewhere quiet. But the point is that I AM HOME when my kids need me. If my kids are sick, I’m home with them. If it’s a snow day, I’m home. Doctor’s appointments, no problem!
How do you start working as a virtual assistant?Here’s how it might look:
- You will meet a potential client online, possibly from an ad on LinkedIn. Or you’ll see an acquaintance post something on Facebook stating that they need help with something.
- If you know how to do the thing they need help with, you reach out to them, electronically, through the same platform you heard of their need.
- You’ll go back and forth with a discussion, possibly do a zoom meeting.
- Together you will define your scope of services.
- You write up the appropriate and necessary contract. (here are my contracts)
- You’ll start working.